• [ahrk-too r-uh s] • Noun, Astronomy.
A first-magnitude star in the constellation of Boötes. Among the brightest stars that can be seen from Earth and is related to the stag...They are lustful animals, but it is said that the hinds can only conceive at the rising of the star Arcturus.
This Torridon Gin was conceived from foraging local highland botanicals.
LAND: Scots Lovage
MOUNTAINS: Foraged Bilberries & Rowanberries
SEA: Kelp Seaweed
Blended with pure Scottish loch water and distilled and bottled by Dunnet Bay Distillers to produce an aromatic, crisp, clean gin with a dry finish.View Gallery
G&T The perfect serve
- 1 - Place plenty of ice cubes & an orange twist garnish in a chilled large open glass, giving it a stir.
- 2 - Add 50ml of Arcturus Gin, then 100ml Walter Gregor’s tonic water - then a further orange twist garnish, stirring well.
- 3 - Serve immediately. - (garnish will change seasonally)
Torridon Martini COCKTAIL serve
- 1 - Add a dash of the Chartreuse to a chilled Martini glass, swirl to coat glass and discard.
- 2 - In a separate cocktail shaker, add ice and Arcturus Gin and Vermouth. Stir for 10 seconds.
- 3 - Strain and serve straight up. Garnish with lightly pickled samphire.
"As an occasional gin drinker we were looking for something that was easy to drink as well as having some great flavours and taste. Arcturus gin definitely hit the spot everytime and it is now the first gin on the shopping list."Adrian and Katie Ivory, Strathisla Farm.
- Herbal & rounded,
- with fennel & parsley
- Dry & herbaceous,
- with sweet & salty notes
- Dry, crisp & clean,
- with liquorice & earthy notes
Experience the Torridon
THE TORRIDON RESORT
- Set in 58 acres of parkland at the end of a magnificent sea loch, The Torridon has one of the most spectacular and idyllic locations in the country. The resort offers something for everyone. Perhaps you yearn for a reviving outdoor escape, or simply a relaxing holiday pampered in a luxury hotel, or getting out of your muddy walking boots and sitting by a crackling fire in a welcoming pub. Our aim is to deliver each guest their own unforgettable experience.
Meet the Makers
The story so far...
- In 2017, Dan Rose-Bristow - Owner and Managing Director of The Torridon hotel in Scotland - collaborated with Dunnet Bay Distillers to create a gin for The Torridon that was inspired by the surrounding landscapes. The Gin Guide caught up with Dan to find out more about the story, the gin and its botanicals, and how best to serve it.
Our Gin is priced at £36 per 50cl bottle plus £4 delivery. Please use the form below to reserve your
or contact us via the details below.
Please note we do not deliver outside of the UK.